Outpatient Mental Health Clinic (OMHC)
The Global Healthcare Systems, Inc OMHC provides therapy and medication management to children (ages 5 and up), adolescents and adults. We provide evidenced based therapeutic services, case management, and Individual, family and Group Psychotherapy.
- Medication Management / Medication refills
Psychiatric evaluations/ assessments and Psychiatric Medication Management
- Prescriptions of appropriate psychiatric medications.
- Prescription refills outside of a scheduled appointment is a courtesy service provided when appropriate and indicated. For a refill on your prescription in-between appointments please follow the instructions below.
- Call 410-296-0180 and please provide the following information:
- First and last name and date of birth of the patient.
- Name of medication and dosage and frequency of taking medication.
- Name and address of pharmacy unless it is unchanged.
- Please keep in mind prescription refills may take up to 48 hours to fill.
- Individual Therapy/Counseling
Individual therapy (i.e. “psychotherapy” or “counseling”) is a process through which clients work one-on-one with a trained therapist—in a safe, caring, and confidential environment—to explore their feelings, beliefs, or behaviors, work through challenging or influential memories, identify aspects of their lives that they would like to change, better understand themselves and others, set personal goals, and work toward desired change.
- Group Therapy, Couple Therapy and Family Therapy
- Areas of Expertise: Our personalized counseling services are offered by highly skilled and licensed mental health professionals. All clinicians are licensed as a mental health practitioners in the State of Maryland and are skilled in the individual and group therapy/treatment of the following conditions and concerns:
- Behavior problems and Relationship issues
- Eating Disorders
- Grief Counseling
- Parenting Support
- Assertiveness Skills
- Coping skills
- Increasing Self Esteem
- Chronic Pain and or Illness
- Anger management problems
- PTSD, emotional and anxiety disorders
- Young Adult Issues of Transitions
- Diversity and multicultural concerns and adjustments
- Culture, assimilation and immigration
- Neglect, and emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- Adjustment to divorce and separations
- Therapeutic Approaches / Applied Techniques:
At GHS our counselors are trained in a number of theoretical perspectives, many of which inform the ways they view a given situation or a set of symptoms. Some of the techniques we use include:
- Psychodynamic — insight-oriented, examination of early influences on development
- Existential & spiritual — insight-oriented, addressing issues about meaning and purpose
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)— altering thoughts and behaviors to achieve changes
- Psycho-educational — focus on understanding behavioral and mental health problems
- Systems — understanding how families and communities influence behavior